Whether you are a beginning, intermediate, or advanced student at any age, private lessons with supportive and motivating teachers are the best way to develop your skills.
SMC staff consult with new students to make sure they’re matched with the teacher best suited to their skill level, goals and schedule.
Each private lesson student has the option to perform in at least two recitals and performances throughout the school year.
Private music lessons are scheduled once a week or twice a week for 30, 45, 60, or 90 minutes.
Adults! We have a special 8-lesson package for you read more.
How to get started?
We recommend prospective lesson students to start with a free Trial Lesson. Have particular interests and goals? Take a look at our Programs of Study page. Let us know of your interest on the trial lesson form. Following the lesson – we will recommend a course of study and lesson length.
If you’re not sure that your child is ready for lessons – try out our Early Childhood programs. They offer group-based sequential music instruction with our faculty of warm and engaging teaching artists.
- Our 2017-18 season will feature 36 weeks of musical instruction through weekly private lessons and studio class week
- Access to practice rooms with high-quality instruments
- Monthly student and faculty recital opportunities
- Students in our Private Lesson program receive discounted pricing for classes and ensembles
- End of season performance at the Zimmerli Museum on June 16 and 17, 2018
SMC students also receive free access to practice at our facilities with high quality instruments via our Can I Practice Now feature.
Students also have the option to enroll in a flexible 9 week summer session.
|Guitar (acoustic / electric)||8|
|Bass (acoustic / electric)||8|
|Saxophone and Flute||9|
Registration is open year-round.