Private Lesson Program
Private lessons continue year-round (September – August). View our teaching calendar by clicking here or on the “Student Services” tab.
Tuition is due on the first day of each month and will be charged through our monthly payment system via credit or debit card.
Procedures for missed lessons and classes
Regular attendance at lessons, classes, and ensembles is expected.
Lessons: Our teachers are in high demand and have reserved your scheduled weekly lesson time for you. We cannot guarantee their availability for your rescheduled lessons, but can look into options if the following procedures are completed:
- Submit an online absence form. The rescheduling deadline is 24 hours in advance.
- Once the form is submitted, you will receive a makeup credit. The makeup credit will be reflected in your online account and is applied when your makeup lesson has been scheduled (see Makeup Lesson section below).
- Contact the office to schedule your makeup class as soon as possible so forward progress is maintained!
No-show students two weeks in a row will be removed from the schedule.
Ensembles and Classes: There are no makeups for missed classes.
- Once the office processes your absence form, you will receive makeup credit.
- Makeups must be used within two months of the absence.
- It is the student’s responsibility to contact the office to schedule.
- Once scheduled, it cannot be rescheduled.
- Makeup lessons may be scheduled with other SMC Faculty.
- Private Lesson students receive 3 makeup lessons for our school term (September – August).
- There are no credits or refunds given for missed makeup lessons.
Vacations/Leave of Absence from Private Lessons:
For students taking vacations during the school year or in the summer, there is a leave of absence option. Please fill out the online form prior to your planned absence. 4 weeks of vacation during our the school year (September – June) are allowed and up to 8 weeks during Summer (July – August). Please allow 7-10 business days for processing.
Withdrawals from Private Lessons
We require 4 weeks written notice prior to withdrawal via our online form. Student remains enrolled through the end of four weeks. Tuition for remaining lesson balance is due at submission of the form. This confirms that your lesson time in your instructor’s schedule will not be held, and your monthly tuition charges will be disabled.
Tuition and registration fees are not refundable.
Group Classes and Ensembles:
Given the small size of our classes, every student counts. An account credit will be given to students withdrawing after the first class session minus a 25% withdrawal fee. No credits will be given after the second class session. Please allow 3-4 weeks for processing.
Schedule or Instructor change (via online tool)
Students receive a weekly lesson day and time. If a change of schedule or instructor is required, please use our online tool. A minimum of two weeks notice is required to process a schedule change request. Lessons missed due to late schedule change requests are not eligible for makeup.
Students’ lessons and classes will be interrupted if accounts fall behind in payment and payments overdue for 30 days will be charged a $25 per month late fee.
Class Cancellation Policy
SMC reserves the right to cancel classes and ensembles with insufficient enrollment. In the event of cancellation, a full refund will be issued.
On the rare occasion that a SMC Faculty member is unable to teach their scheduled lesson or class, a qualified substitute teacher will be provided to ensure continuity and progress. Students who opt-out are not guaranteed a makeup lesson.
To ensure your child’s safety, please be sure to pick him/her up promptly after class/lesson time. SpeakMusic Conservatory faculty and staff do not supervise children waiting in SpeakMusic Conservatory’s hallways before and/or after classes/lessons. Children are under supervision during their instruction time only. Neither instructors nor administrators are responsible for supervising children outside of teaching time.
Families should also provide the school with any special medical needs the student might have, as well as information about allergies that may be pertinent during their lessons.
It is expected that students maintain appropriate behavior with SMC faculty and staff throughout their enrollment at the school.
No food will be allowed inside the classrooms nor can drinks be consumed. Drinks with a closed lid/cap will be permitted inside a teaching studio, provided they remain unopened. Under no circumstance can food or liquids be left on top of pianos or any instrument.
The student and families agree to treat all the materials provided by the school with care. The family will be responsible for any damage to the facilities or instruments by a student.
No guest, student, or family member will enter in any music room without permission from the SMC faculty/staff.
As a reminder, the waiting area and hallways of SMC are a quiet space for students and families to await their lesson time. Please be considerate of other students and families. Keep cell phone conversations to a minimum and no running or shouting is tolerated.
We reserve the right to terminate enrollment at SMC with no refunds should this list be violated after a warning.
We care deeply about keeping our entire community healthy and improved our ventilation systems. Please help us by:
- Every student must wash hands before their lesson
- No Cold Policy! Students with symptoms of any kind should not come to lessons and will be denied entry.
- Any student that has tested positive for COVID or any other infectious disease whether symptomatic or asymptomatic, in the previous five days, please contact the office for virtual lesson.
- Instructors are permitted to refuse lessons in the event of failed compliance to our guidelines.
Photo and Recording policy
SpeakMusic Conservatory reserves the right and may give permission to appropriate staff or outside media, to photograph and record (video or audio) classes, programs, and participants at all our facilities and properties. Please be aware that these photos or recordings are for promotional purposes and may be used in future print or electronic publications and media communications. By participating in SpeakMusic Conservatory programs, you consent to the video or audio recording or taking of photographs for these purposes.
We only accept credit and debit cards via our online payment system.